Feel free to browse my CV below and my profile on LinkedIn and Indonesian Directory of Translators and Interpreters. You can also have a look at my translation and editing works.
LULU FITRI RAHMAN
HPI CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR, ENGLISH > INDONESIAN
- Place: Tangerang Selatan, INDONESIA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: lamfaro.com
- Nationality: Indonesian
- Time zone: GMT +7 (Western Indonesia Time)
- Established freelance translator with more than 10 years of experience
- HPI Certified Translator (English to Indonesian)
- Full member of HPI (Himpunan Penerjemah Indonesia—Association of Indonesian Translators)
- Native speaker of Indonesian with proficiency in English
- Published literary translator of fiction and non-fiction titles
Translation, editing/proofreading, transcreation
Literature, architecture and interior design, furniture/household appliances, travel and tourism, marketing and advertising texts with a creative edge.
Bachelor of Architecture, Department of Architecture University of Indonesia
- Editing Workshop, organized by Association of Indonesian Translators in Jakarta (2008)
- Literary Translation Workshop, organized by InterSastra, British Centre for Literary Translation, and Paper Republic in Jakarta (2013)
- Translation Editing Workshop, organized by Gramedia Pustaka Utama and Association of Indonesian Translators in Jakarta (2015)
- Journalistic Translation Workshop, organized by Lembaga Bahasa Internasional Faculty of Humanities, University of Indonesia in Depok (2016)
- Freelance translator and proofreader (2013–present)
Translating and proofreading of a variety of texts, including promotional materials, client information sheets, posters, websites.
Translating magazine articles on various subjects, especially on architecture, interior design, travel and tourism.
- Literary translator and editor for publishers (2005–present)
Translating and editing more than 70 books, both fiction and non-fiction works, from English to Indonesian for prominent Indonesian publishers.
Clients: Gramedia Pustaka Utama, Mizan Group, Pustaka Alvabet, Fantasious (Ufuk Publishing House), Visimedia, Serambi, Studio Kata.
For complete list of published works, see: https://lamfaro.com/list-of-works/
- Translator/contributor at InterSastra (2014–2016)
Translating short stories from English to Indonesian.
For a sample of published works, see: http://www.intersastra.com/fiksi-fiction/ludah
- In-house editor at Penerbit Matahati, Jakarta, Indonesia (2009–2012)
Responsible for copyediting, substantive editing, and proofing English books translated into Indonesian, and overseeing production and printing of books.
Software: Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat Reader
CAT Tools: Good knowledge of Wordfast Classic, SDL Trados
Reading, photography, architecture, walking, blogging
Available upon request